Friday, July 4, 2008

Biotin Supplements for Hair & Nails - Results after Two Weeks


You'd have to eat 500 hardboiled eggs to get 5 mg of biotin. (Photo by woodleywonderworks)

So far, there's been no change in my hair and nails after supplementing with 5 mg biotin daily. I think any difference in hair growth would be difficult to spot this soon, but neither nail strength nor nail growth have shown any change either.

My nails have always been quite brittle and short - perhaps in part due to the fact that I used to bite them - so anything that makes them stronger would be most welcome. On the other hand, it makes experiments like this easy, as any positive change would be noticeable.

I think I'll finish the bottle but I'm not expecting much.

Go to next post on this experiment



Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Yahoo

1 kommenttia:

Anonymous March 7, 2014 at 12:59 AM  

After I had been on ultra-low carb for about 2 years, (lost about 50 lbs of fat, built muscle) I noticed that I was having to file or clip my nails annoyingly frequently, which still is true (into my 4th year of LC). I believe eating more meat and saturated fat mean we make healthier more permeable cells that do their biochemical job better. I'm eating a higher level of fat now, trying to keep the fat up rather than the protein, but still eat a lot of protein, very little carb (usually about 1/2 cup of some green veggie per day). Feel great, all blood test results are excellent for my age (69). Feel like a million bucks!
Love your site. I was attracted here by your article about Stefansson.

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP