Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Effects of a High-Fat Diet on Health and Weight - Waiting for Blood Test Results


Some folks say it just don't get no healthier than this beauty right here! (Photo by jamesmorton)

The results of the blood test haven't come yet, so I'll save further analysis of the effects of the high-fat diet for later. I'm hoping they send them to me on Monday, but who knows these things.

The doctor, to whom I briefly mentioned that I don't eat grains, gave me lecture on the health benefits of porridge and rye bread. According to her, rye bread is about the healthiest thing you can eat. I thought it best to keep my mouth shut and not say anything about how it raises blood glucose levels just like wheat bread does. She wouldn't have believed a word of it anyway.

We also discussed alcohol use, and while she was clearly opposed to the whole idea of drinking on weekends, she also made some good points. I consider myself a moderate drinker, but it'll be interesting to see what the blood tests say about my liver.

Go to next post on this experiment



Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Yahoo

0 kommenttia:

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP